• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

:) From the first of the year I have suggested that ten different stocks might be looked at for buying. What will be attempted is a tracking portfolio with the cost price based on the day before I posted the suggestion or the opening price the day of posting. All cost have been rounded to the closest $.05. The up dates will be made on the weekend except when a stock is dropped and another is added. The list will always have ten stocks. This is for fun to see how well we can or cannot do. I MAY OR MAY NOT OWN ANY OF THESE STOCKS AT THIS TIME. THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION TO BUY OR SELL ANY STOCKS LISTED. [attachment=4034:attachment] The number of shares was picked as a constant instead of an equal amount of dollars, as most suggest to spread risk. Todays close. mss :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:49 PM

Your Numbers

Let me watch, oh let me see
How the market looks to thee
Numbers now are so much fun
Back in school, they made me run

Algebra did not compute
Way back then, it made me puke :P
Sorry for that word so bad
I heard it from a Texas lad

C.C. :D :redbull: :D

Edited by calmcookie, 10 January 2006 - 07:50 PM.

#3 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

Great Idea, MSS, and while I ain't got time today, I'll put my basket of oil & gas royalty trusts in. I was meaning to talk a little about them, anyway.

With that major plunge in $NATGAS, from well over $15 to under $9 (in like three weeks!), you'd think the heavily gas-weighted trusts would be better buys now, but they've barely budged in price at all. Sheesh! Is it the market knowing that the dividends are safe, etc., or is it just the fates confounding me once again?! Drat! Dang blast it....

Best,

Doug

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

! Is it the market knowing that the dividends are safe, etc., or is it just the fates confounding me once again?! Drat! Dang blast it....
Best, Doug

:)
Several have indicated that dividends are safe for 3+ mo., therefore with NG prices going to go back up maybe everybody thinks to stay the course. Some dumb analysis wil downgrade one or two and the ball will roll.
Best
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

As of the close on 1-18-2006, here're the royalty trusts I'd put in a "model portfolio." More later, # shares in portfolio, the yield, current price, net total return, comments, US symbol if any, etc. I own every dang one of these.

Anybody got any ideas for a "portfolio screen" or program or spreadsheet to use, to make this better?

Best,

Doug