Just don't get too beared up.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

Even if this lasts for a couple days, this dip is just a buying opp before the march higher resumes, IMO I think there were a lot of people riding the momentum wave to the max and being pigs, like I was. We all knew a pullback was coming sooner or later. When they saw that the market is finaly weakening they all rushed to the exits. There was a mini profit taking panic. I paniced myself and unloaded quite a few positions :sweatingbullets: Even despite the fact that I was taking profits into the advance all along, you still want to keep as much as possible. The lesson of the day.. take profits before the selling actually starts. Though you never know how high it will go :) There probably won't be any spectacular wave 3 of 3 down here. And the end of the world isn't upon us. Just a pullback to some moving average. Seems like energies and techs will be the sectors to buy on pull back here. Specificaly oil services and coal look good. Both sectors actually closed strong.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

17th bradley date gonna be a low....maybe......snort

#3 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:29 PM

17th bradley date gonna be a low....maybe......snort how can you begin to tell what it will be when you don't know what the mkt is doing going into it? the mkt may get artificially propped up for expo week, and then down. Although with today's massive outside reversal day in most indices, probably not. As a technician, this is probably as good of a sell signal as you can get ST. New highs in a move (and all time in some) and outside reversal on huge volume. Sell all pops for a while with a stop just above the high today.

#4 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:59 AM

17th bradley date gonna be a low....maybe......snort

Why do you mix Bradley with lows or higs?
It just shows turning points....Look at his model (graph of lat year....it had a turning point in October too but it didn t mean it was a low or high)